Tuesday, December 30, 2008

I am a BOY!

Mommy and Daddy found out on December 23rd that I am a boy, my name is Garrett William Shirley. While the tech was taking pictures of me that day, they not only discovered that I am a boy but that I am growing and developing on schedule. I tried to be really funny while I was on film by throwing my hands around a whole bunch and then crossing my ankles as my daddy does when he is relaxing. I have been moving around now for a couple weeks but just lately I have become a lot more active and now mommy and daddy both have felt me moving. Daddy says that I am most likely taking after mommy with all my moving about, he claims if I was taking after him I would be sleeping a lot more and not moving about as much.

With the help from a lot of family, mostly my Uncle Willie and Jason, mommy and daddy's basement is completed. I can't wait to roll around on that soft carpet and climb up and down those stairs like my cousins Grace and Graham have tested out for me already! In addition, Daddy and my Papa Reimer have worked hard and nearly completed building my new wall to my nursery. Thanks to everyone for all your hard work I know it will make our home a most comfy living space for mommy, daddy and me.

Mommy goes to the doctor again on January 8th and is still feeling good, aside from the few aches and pains from me growing. I will keep you posted after her next appointment.

Until next time (as some would say) this is Garrett Shirley, future shortstop for the St. Louis Cardinals, and with no regrets future trade to the Chicago Cubs, signing off for now!

5 comments:

  1. Love the prego pic of all of us! Don't forget to email it to me. GO CARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope he likes sports.

    LD

    ReplyDelete
  3. YEAH a boy!! That is wonderful! Glad things sre going do well!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the boy!!! So very exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so the expert on having baby boys! I LOVE boys! I think you he has a great name too. Can't wait to meet him!!! Take care of yourself mommy.

    ReplyDelete